25.7.12

Last Night's Movie : Brick ★

This week-end I saw The Dark Knight Rises and LOVED it. The whole movie is awesome, I could go on and on about it. Don't even get me started on Anne Hathaway as Catwoman or about the fabulosity of the "bat-speed bike"...

But I was also very much smitten by Joseph Gordon-Levitt (sw-oon!), who plays an important role in the last installment of the Nolan Batman trilogy. And so I proceeded over the last few days to watch whatever movies I have at home in which he plays. One of them is Brick, the first feature film of writer director Rian Johnson, who will be debuting his latest project, Looper, as the opening film of the Toronto International Film Festival this September, with Gordon-Levitt in toll (praise the Lord!).

Brick tells the story of Brendan, a singular teenager that seeks to solve the mystery of his ex-girlfriend's death. I love the dark romantic and spleen-full tone of the film that make it very poetic and harsh at the same time...


Virginie

8 comments:

  1. Ooh I will have to see this one, I LOVE him. He's so good in everything I've seen him in. Even when he plays a smaller part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?!

      And I'm not sure why it took me to long to grasp this but: he's definitely kind of cute!!

      Virginie xo

      Delete
  2. Brick has been one of my all-time favourite films since I first saw it when it came out. I watch it at least once a year & I never tire of its beauty, richness & dark comedy.

    Just genius!

    Also, JGL is quite incredible. Another film in which he is brilliant (though not as cute as normal), is Hesher. Have you seen that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen Hesher but totally just checked it's IMDB, looks great! Thanks for the suggestion :)

      Virginie xo

      Delete
  3. I loved Batman, incredible! And I can't wait to check this movie out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Virginie, we are one in the same! I also adore JGL. There is this thing about him that always makes you care about his character. I'll be at TIFF this year so I will try my best to see Looper opening night!!

    Other JGL film suggestions - http://life-between-films.tumblr.com/post/14460363005/top-five-joseph-gordon-levitt-films

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen the Batman movie yet, I have read so many different (mixed) reviews about it. I do love really like Joseph. He is good in anything I see him in. I have seen that Brick movie, and it is really dark, but I enjoyed it. 500 days of Summer is good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sold that movie to me!!! I'm gonna watch it for sure, I love the steels of the movie that you put up there!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing what you think ♥